Amphibian Veterinary Medicine
We see frogs, toads, newts and salamanders.
Pine Tree Veterinary Hospital is one of the area's foremost amphibian veterinary hospitals, with specialized equipment to provide high quality care for amphibians. Dr. Zellar has a special interest in amphibian medicine and would be happy to see your pet!
Amphibian veterinary medical services include:
- Wellness examination including physical exam, routine blood work and parasite screening.
- Emergency examinations, treatment and hospitalization in specialized climate controlled units.
- Diagnostic laboratory services specialized for amphibians.
- Diagnostic imaging services including high detail digital x-rays, ultrasound and endoscopy.
- Surgery with anesthesia and monitoring tailored to amphibian patients.
- Husbandry consultation on the complex dietary and environmental needs of diverse species of amphibians.