Small Exotic Mammal Veterinary Medicine
We see rabbits, guinea pigs, ferrets chinchillas, hedgehogs, rodents, and sugar gliders.
Pine Tree Veterinary Hospital is one of the area's foremost small mammal veterinary hospitals, with specialized equipment to provide high quality care for small exotic mammals. Our knowledgeable staff has extensive experience caring for and treating small mammals ensuring low stress handling and the highest standard of care for our small mammal patients. Both Dr. Ferguson and Dr. Zellar have considerable experience treating small mammals and would be happy to see your pet!
Small exotic mammal veterinary medical services include:
- Wellness examination including physical exam, routine blood work and infectious disease screening.
- Emergency examinations, treatment and hospitalization.
- Surgery with anesthesia and monitoring tailored to small mammal patients.
- Husbandry consultation on the complex dietary and environmental needs of diverse species of small mammals.
- Diagnostic laboratory services specialized for small mammals.
- Diagnostic imaging services including high detail digital x-rays, ultrasound and endoscopy.
- Dentistry with specialized dental equipment for rabbits, guinea pigs, chinchillas and rodents