Avian Veterinary Medicine
We see parrots, poultry (chickens, pheasants, quail, ducks, geese), doves, pigeons, passerines (finches, canaries, and other songbirds), and raptors.
Pine Tree Veterinary Hospital is one of the area's foremost avian veterinary hospitals, with specialized equipment to provide high quality care for birds. Our knowledgeable staff has extensive experience caring for and treating birds ensuring low stress handling and the highest standard of care for our avian patients. Both Dr. Ferguson and Dr. Zellar have considerable experience treating birds and would be happy to see your pet. Dr. Ferguson is a specialist in avian medicine with a board certification from the American Board of Veterinary Practitioners.
Avian veterinary medical services include:
- Wellness examination including physical exam, routine blood work and infectious disease screening.
- Emergency examinations, treatment and hospitalization.
- Surgery with anesthesia and monitoring tailored to avian patients.
- Husbandry consultation on the complex dietary and environmental needs of diverse species of birds.
- Diagnostic imaging services including high detail digital x-rays, ultrasound and endoscopy.
- Egg laying and related behavior management
- Microchip implantation